READ ALL OF THE DIRECTIONS BELOW
You are a lapsed referee if you did not register and certify as a referee for 2023, If you were certified as a referee in 2021 or 2022, you can complete referee recertification, following this path. The registration and clinic fee is $85.
If 2020 or earlier was the last time you were certified as a referee, you must complete the Referee Entry level requirements. You cannot complete a recertification clinic.
All of the requirements for your recertification are online.
TO START. Go to our Officials Management System (OMS): https://mdcvasrp.omgtsys.com
1. Select “Member Sign In.” If you registered for 2020 you might have created your own username and password.
2. Enter username: your e-mail address or your USSF ID# beginning with the letter “R” with no dashes or spaces (for example, R2019123412341234). Your password might be your last name. If you do not know your password, select Forgot Pasword or we can reset it for you. Your e-mail address must be your own. Every referee must have a different e-mail for identification.
3. On your Member Information Page, under the “Registration:” tab, select “Register for Clinic/Fitness Test.”
4. On the next page, update your personal information. Answer the "Yes/No" question and more questions will be revealed.
5. Select your Offical Type(s) and Registration Type. You can return to request other Official Types later.
Select Referee and Recertification.
6. On the next page, Reserve Course SA-05-0524-GRRCT-L13.
7. Follow the directions to Checkout and pay the $85.00 by credit card.
Be sure to scroll down to the bottom of each page to be able to select the next page.
On your Member Home Page, to the right of your reserved clinic, click on “Online Lesson.”
ONLINE LESSONS. There are Fourteen online lessons.
1. 2020-2021 IFAB Law Changes - USSF (45 minutes)
2. 2021-2022 IFAB Law Changes (30 minutes)
3. 2022-2023 IFAB Law Changes (10 minutes)
4. 2023-2024 Law Changes (20 minutes)
5. 2023-2024 Laws of the Game (5 minutes)
6. 2023 Grassroots Refresher Training - Part 1 (15 minutes)
7. 2023 Grassroots Refresher Training - Part 2 (15 minutes)
8. 2023 Grassroots Refresher Training - Part 3 (20 minutes)
9. 2023 Grassroots Refresher Training - Part 4 (15 minutes)
10. 2023 Useful Reference Cards (for GR Refresher) (5 minutes)
11. 2024 Referee Refresher - Part 1 (45 minutes)
12. 2024 Referee Refresher - Part 2 (45 minutes)
13. 2024 Referee Recert Test - Part 1 (15 minutes)
14. 2024 Referee Recert Test - Part 2 (15 minutes)
15. 2024 Referee Recert Test - Part 3 (15 minutes)
16. 2024 Referee Recert Test - Part 4 (15 minutes)
DO NOT CREATE A NEW LOGIN AT THE LEARNING CENTER. YOU ALREADY HAVE ONE. Select "Log In" at the Learning Center. DO NOT SELECT "SIGN UP".
17. 2024 Intro to Safety (Learning Center) (45 minutes)
18. 2024 SafeSport (Learning Center) (90 or 15 minutes)
Everyone must complete Lessons 1 – 17.
Lesson 18, SafeSport Training, is required for referees 18 years or older. Lesson 8 will show Complete for referees who under 18. The first time SafeSport Training takes about 90 minutes to complete. Subsequent annual SafeSport Training takes about 15 minutes to complete.
When you complete the online lessons, we can approve your 2024 referee certification. Your badge will be mailed to you in about two weeks. Make sure your address in OMS is correct.
Revised July 13, 2023