Limited Number of Clinics Available
Before you begin, please take note of the following:
- To register, be certified, and receive a badge as a USSF and Metro DC-Virginia State Referee Program referee, you must complete all of the steps of the registration process.
- Prior to registration/payment at the US Soccer site, know which clinic you plan to enroll in and which grade level certification you will be seeking. Check the "Clinic Listings" first (located on the left of the page). Choose your grade accordingly. Read the DEFINITION OF REFEREE GRADE LEVELS by clicking here. Referee grades are not school grades.
- If you are a returning/recertifying referee, DO NOT REGISTER AS A NEW USER. This will create another record for you in the national database system. Your User ID and password are on the registration card that you received for 2013.
- Our state association is listed as "DC/Virginia" in the pull-down list on the registration form.
- Do not indicate on the registration form that you want to upgrade unless all requirements to upgrade will be completed by the end of December 2013. The upgrade question only applies to those referees who are eligible to move up to Grade 7 or higher. Upgrading within the entry level grades is different. Contact the State Office regarding the upgrade process.
ONLINE TEST FOR RECERTIFYING REFEREES (Grades 8, 9, and 12)
An email message was sent on 8/23/2013 to Grade 8 and Grade 9 referees in our 2013 database regarding the online test for 2014 recertification. See the CLINIC LISTINGS (VIEW ONLY) on the top left of the page to find a recertification clinic and check the Comments section for the link to the online recert exam.